The National Council of Young Women (NCYW) has been formed by the National Council of Women Great Britain. NCYW-GB is a platform for young women to discuss contemporary issues as well as make a significant contribution to improving society in Great Britain. NCYW provides a unique opportunity for young women to learn about and discuss topical issues, and to make a real contribution to improving our society.
NCYW brings together women of all ages for discussions and workshops. In addition, the many schools, colleges and universities that have already linked themselves to NCWGB receive regular news updates, and take part in national surveys on current issues.
The seminars look at issues around:
- Work/life balance – Career, family and personal life
- Citizenship – How local and national government work; the role of NGOs; how you can make a contribution to society
- Women in decision making – Women’s participation in decision making, from business to national government
- Sexual stereotyping – The effects of gender, diversity and culture on women’s lives. The portrayal of young women in the media
- Violence against women and girls
- The Rights of Women and Girls as agreed in UN declarations
Find out more about NCYW programme and how girls and young women help develop policy, visit their website: http://www.ncwgb.org/national-council-young-women/